Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Killing Chickens"

Three details from "Killing Chickens" i found effective to me in this reading were,
  • "Two down. I feel powerful, capable. I can handle whatever comes to me."
  • We frost the cake blue, Ben’s favorite color, and put it on the table next to their presents for me, wrapped in wallpaper. I want to call someone, to call my mother or my sister. Instead, I bring in three loads of wood and put them in the empty wood box.
  • Tomorrow morning, I think, I have to turn over the garden and go to the dump. Tomorrow morning, I have to call a lawyer. I have to figure out what to say to Alex and Benjamin. I have to put Ben’s sculpture on the mantel, and put some mail in Alex’s holder on the desk. I have to clean out the coop and spread fresh shavings.
The main point to me in this essay was that she had to step out of her comfort zone to do something she has never done before. Because her and her husband were getting a divorce she was going to have to do it sooner or later.


The Writer used an awful lot of details and i really liked that. i was reading the story at first and was like " this is going to be about killing chickens?" butt when i kept on readin the way she portrayed why she was doing it and then deatils of how just struck my mind and made the story so much more intresting. The style is really just every detail of what shes doingt to an exact point.

No comments:

Post a Comment